So far over 560 churches of all denominations have registered with the National Parenting Initiative to run a parenting course for their local community.
What is the National Parenting Initiative?
The NPI is a united UK church initiative aiming to provide parenting courses for every local community. By joining together we hope to help transform family life across the UK and create a huge number of outreach opportunities. The vision of the NPI is that every parent in the UK will be able to visit www.thenpi.org.uk, enter their postcode and find a church-run parenting course near them.
The initiative began on the 11th of January 2012 when over 200 people gathered at Holy Trinity Brompton in London to launch the NPI. The NPI launched to the public in England on Father’s Day June 17, and will launch publically in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland towards the end of 2012.
So far over 560 churches have registered and the goal is to see thousands of churches all across the UK sign up to run a parenting course and have their contact details displayed on the NPI website.
The NPI is a combined church effort spanning denominations and partnering with different parenting course providers. Churches are free to choose to run whichever parenting course they wish. There are some suggested parenting course providers on the website and churches are welcome to choose and order one of these or any other programme they wish. The NPI recommended courses are easy to run, DVD based, and while the courses are based on Christian principles, they are designed for any parent or carer with or without a Christian faith.
Please visit the NPI website www.thenpi.org.uk for more information.
Why should your church get involved?
- This is an opportunity to be part of a much larger national church effort to change our communities for the better. Together we have a better chance of having a positive national impact.
- By registering your church on the NPI website, you will benefit from the NPI nationwide promotion and advertising. As a result your church and course contact details have the potential to be found and viewed by many people who would not otherwise know about your course.
- There is credibility in being part of a national initiative and some parents may be more likely to come along to a parenting course for the first time.
- Without a solid coverage across all areas of the UK, success of the NPI will be limited. Join us in transforming family life across the nation!
How can my church get involved?
- Decide to run a parenting course and invite parents in your local community (you do not need to commit right now to how, when or which course)
- Register your church details at www.thenpi.org.uk
- Run a course!
For more information please visit www.thenpi.org.uk or email thenpi (Email: thenpi [at] alpha.org).