Please pray for these parishes as they get involved in events to celebrate the Olympics.
The last weekend of the Olympics brings with it lots of community festivals! On Saturday:
- St Barnabas, Finchley are having a community Olympics party
- St Mark’s, Kensal Rise are watching the football final over a bring-and-share lunch
- St Mary’s, Hornsey Rise are having a Family fun day with a barbecue and a bouncy castle
- St John the Evangelist, Friern Barnet are using St John’s School to have a big screen event with a barbecue and sports events
- St Barnabas, Ealing are open during the afternoon
On Sunday, the final day of the Olympics, there are Closing Ceremony parties at St James, Clerkenwell Close; St Paul’s Hammersmith; St Helen’s Kensington; St John’s Notting Hill and St Barnabas Ealing. The ceremony should be a brilliant event after all the medal successes of Team GB, and a chance to congratulate all the teams on their achievements and good sportsmanship.
Some churches are having special services:
- St John the Evangelist, Hyde Park Crescent has the last of its special Olympics evensongs
- St Peter’s, Eaton Square has the last of its “This Sceptered Isle” Eucharists
This is the last day-by-day post until the Paralympics, I hope you’ve enjoyed hearing about what’s going on across the Diocese. Many thanks for your prayers.
If you’re planning an event but haven’t registered it, please send details to elizabeth.harrison (Email: elizabeth.harrison [at] london.anglican.org) with ‘MAP’ in the subject line.
Share your stories
If you’ve just run an event and want to share how you’ve got on, or if you’ve had local press coverage, please send reports, photos and stories to olympicmobiliser (Email: olympicmobiliser [at] london.anglican.org)