Watching Olympic coverage
Lots of churches are showing Olympic coverage today, which includes the 100m men’s final:
- After their regular service, St Stephen’s, Ealing will have a big screen and a BBQ lunch
- All Saints, Isleworth are having afternoon tea
- Christ Church, Cockfosters are showing some evening coverage at Christ Church House
- St Mark’s, Kensal Rise are holding another barbecue with big screen
- St Matthew’s, Yiewsley are watching the 100m final with refreshments
Festivals and parties
- St Barnabas, Woodside park are having an Olympics party
- Christ Church Cockfosters and St Thomas’ Oakwood are working together on an afternoon community festival in Trent Park.
- St Paul Old Ford are hosting a gospel concert.
- St Paul’s, Hammersmith are having a community festival
Some churches are having themed services:
- St Peter’s, Eaton Square
- St Thomas’, Oakwood
- Christ Church, Cockfosters
- St John the Evangelist, Hyde Park Crescent
- All Souls Langham Place
If you’d like to include prayers for the Olympics in your forthcoming services, you can download Olympics liturgy and service plans here.
If you’re planning an event but haven’t registered it, please send details to elizabeth.harrison (Email: elizabeth.harrison [at] london.anglican.org) with ‘MAP’ in the subject line.
Share your stories
If you’ve just run an event and want to share how you’ve got on, or if you’ve had local press coverage, please send reports, photos and stories to olympicmobiliser (Email: olympicmobiliser [at] london.anglican.org).