Please pray for these parishes as they get involved in events to celebrate the Olympics.
- St John’s, Notting Hill are having a fun day. Elsewhere, holiday clubs, cafés and open churches continue – St Paul’s Old Ford are having another week of holiday clubs this week (which I neglected to mention in my last post).
- St Barnabas, Ealing are having another open church drop in session.
- St Michael’s, Chester Square are having a theatre night entitled ’Dangerous Journey’.
Friday festivals and concerts
- St John’s, West Hendon, St Peter Cricklewood and the Parish of Golders Green are using Clitterhouse Park to run a community festival together.
- St Barnabas, Ealing continue their Arts festival with a concert by Anna Cashell (violin) and Simon Watterton (piano) playing Beethoven, Korngold and Kreisler.
- St Giles in the Fields will be hosting the Evropska Quartet who will be playing music by Schubert and Shostakovich.
- St James’, Clerkenwell Close are having a sports café with a quiz and Olympic highlights.
If you’re planning an event but haven’t registered it, please send details to elizabeth.harrison (Email: elizabeth.harrison [at] london.anglican.org) with ‘MAP’ in the subject line.
Share your stories
If you’ve just run an event and want to share how you’ve got on, or if you’ve had local press coverage, please send reports, photos and stories to olympicmobiliser (Email: olympicmobiliser [at] london.anglican.org)